Chapter Charity Challenge
The chapter challenge has begun! Which chapter will win the challenge?
Upon receiving a shipment from our Western AICP Chapter, Ms. Stacy Downey, Director of The Little Pantry that Could, responded with the following enthusiastic and appreciative email:
Wanted to let you know that we received the Walmart boxes and we are SO GRATEFUL!!!! Those items helped us fill our shelves this past Saturday for the 178 families who came in for food assistance.
Sincere thanks! Y'all Rock!
The Little Pantry that Could is our national conference charity for this year. They are a food pantry, and more — among other things, they provide shower and laundry facilities for people who are homeless, they help people start businesses, they connect people to VA resources, and they have even helped someone get a prosthetic leg! You can learn more about The Little Pantry that Could by visiting their website, www.thelittlepantrythatcould.org, or AICP's mini-conference website.
After meeting with Ms. Stacy Downey during the Pre-Conference visit, this year's conference chairs immediately thought of the Chapter Challenge as a way to help The Little Pantry that Could charity in the months leading up to conference. It's easy to accept the challenge, just follow these steps:
- Download the Chapter Challenge application from the AICP mini-conference website or save the attached copy to your computer.
- Shop. Suggested items are listed below, plus many other non-perishable items are welcome.
- Canned fruit
- Canned Beans or other protein
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Laundry detergent
- Can Openers
- Purchase and ship the items to The Little Pantry that Could address shown on the Chapter Challenge Application. Or, as noted on the application, you can use the Walmart registry and Amazon. Both will ship the items directly to The Little Pantry that Could. The local Publix grocery in Nashville delivers; therefore, you can set up an account with Publix, shop on-line and have Publix deliver the items. These are just some options but there are many others you may be more familiar with. The Little Pantry that Could is on the Amazon Smile charity list.
- Give a gift card. The Little Pantry that Could can then purchase the items of need or use towards produce, dairy, and/or meat products.
- Remember to complete a Chapter Challenge application each and every time you donate items. In order to be counted, you must email a copy of each Chapter Challenge application to Silent Auction Chair, Michael Hollar, who will add your items to your chapter tracking spreadsheet. Also, please email a copy to Ms. Stacy Downey, firstname.lastname@example.org, as a heads up items are coming her way.
You don't have to attend annual conference to participate in the chapter challenge. It is open to all chapter members willing to help this wonderful charity. Thanks for your help with this effort. We are really excited to see how big an impact our AICP members can make with the charity this year!
Now, let's show your chapter spirit and start the donations!
Silent Auction Chair