Silent Auction FAQs
- What is the Silent Auction?
The Silent Auction is a fundraiser conducted at the Annual Conference. In the conference exhibit hall, you will find display cases containing items donated by AICP members, sponsors, and exhibitors. There are also peg boards where you'll find posters with pictures corresponding to the display case item number. Conference attendees can bid on items by filling in a line on the corresponding bid sheet. The highest bidder as of the auction closing time claims the item at the Registration Desk in exchange for payment.
- What happens to the funds raised by the Silent Auction?
This year, all proceeds from the Silent Auction will be donated to the selected charity, The Little Pantry That Could. Please check out the Charity link on the conference mini-website for detailed information about the charity.
- What kinds of items are donated to the Silent Auction?
In the past, companies, exhibitors, and individuals have contributed items, such as golf equipment and apparel, a Harley Davidson leather jacket, autographed sports jerseys, gift baskets, jewelry, GPS, digital cameras, gift cards, Legos, iPads, and more. Any and all donations are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please note that items without company logos tend to receive higher bids. If you would like to donate to this year's Silent Auction, please click here to access the donation form for instructions.
- When does the Silent Auction take place?
Bidding begins on Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 5:30 PM and ends on Tuesday, September 25, 2018, right after the morning break. During this time, you can make bids whenever the Exhibit Hall is open. So bid high and bid often!
- What else can I do besides donate money or buy an auction item?
In addition to bidding or donating money, you can donate food items directly. You can do this through your Chapter (the Chapter with the most donations will win special recognition at Conference), or you can send items directly to the Pantry address on their website. Any non-perishable food, toiletry, laundry, cleaning supplies, and gift cards are very much appreciated.
AICP has also set up a registry link with Walmart, https://www.walmart.com/"The Little Pantry That Could" Registry. Simply go to the Registry using the link, select the wish list items, including gift cards, you want to add to your cart, complete your purchase & your order will be shipped directly to the Pantry. Other ways to donate items are through Amazon and the Publix grocery store. The Publix grocery store location you need is 4324 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205-2202, 615-279-2038, which is located about six miles for The Little Pantry that Could. Please research and determine which option is best for you.
A tax deduction receipt will be provided for your records.
In addition, you can volunteer to help out at our Service Day, Sunday, September 23rd, from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. Be sure to check this off on your registration form if you want to participate. Transportation from the Gaylord to the Pantry will be provided. Information on where to meet and the meeting time for departure will be announced closer to conference along with being posted at the Registration Desk and the Education Table.
- Why should I donate to the Silent Auction?
- you will be an integral part of supporting the success of the conference,
- you will receive recognition during the conference as a donor, and
- you will have a reason to review the display boards and find something wonderful to bid on!
- Why should I bid on items in the Silent Auction?
- you will be supporting a very worthwhile charity organization,
- you will have the chance to receive something you always wanted, and
- you will bask in the glow of victory after defeating others in a heated bidding war.
- How can I view the items?
The items will be prominently featured in secured display cases at Annual Conference.
- I have the best item ever! I can't wait for Annual Conference to show it off! What can I do?
Please complete the donation form and send it and a photo of your item (if applicable) to Michael Hollar at the address listed in FAQ #11, below.
- I have an item for donation I need to ship to Annual Conference. Where should I send it?
Please address to:
Ms. Brenda G. LandersRemember that items should be shipped to arrive no later than Friday 9/21/18.
PICA, Ste. 400
3000 Meridian Blvd.
Franklin, TN 37067
- What if I have more questions about the Silent Auction?
For more information, please contact:
Michael J. Hollar
Silent Auction Chair