Get Involved Through Committees...
There are twelve committees at the national level. They are:
- Chapter Relations
- Conference Planning
- Government & Industry Relations
The men and women serving on these committees are the heart of our association. Their efforts provide the basis for AICPs success in educating and retaining members.
A brief description of each committee's responsibilities:
- ATLaS Provides support for chapter event planning.
- Bylaws Reviews and recommends changes to our Bylaws and other governance documents to remain current.
- Chapter Relations This committee consists of the elected Regional Directors from each chapter and is not open to the AICP general membership. The Regional Directors are the liaisons between the chapter and the national board.
- Communications Oversees communications through all AICP social media outlets. Reviews and maintains processes and procedures to ensure all communications representing any level of the AICP are professional and retain all required elements.
- Conference Planning Coordinates the planning and implementation of the Annual Conference.
- Education Develops and manages the curriculum, and establishes standards for the AICP designation programs. Also, seeks to provide additional educational opportunities to our members through webinars.
- Finance Assists the Board in reviewing the overall financial status of the Association. Develops and recommends fiscal year budgets to the Board. Monitors finances on a regular basis and makes recommendations to the Board with regard to investments and reserves.
- Government and Industry Relations Increases regulator awareness of, and involvement in, the AICP. Establishes and enhances relationships with the regulatory community and industry groups.
- Marketing Oversees the marketing efforts of AICP through promoting knowledge of the AICP in the insurance industry and identifying and pursuing alliances with other organizations. Maintains resources for communication of AICP information such as press releases and educational opportunities. Reviews AICP marketing materials and updates as needed.
- Membership Coordinates and manages the member recruitment, renewal, and retention for AICP, including overseeing the publication of the annual Membership Directory.
- Nominating Manages the national election process, including interviewing candidates, recommending a slate of candidates for open positions, and monitoring the election and reporting results to the Board.
- Publications Solicits, writes and compiles articles and useful information for the quarterly Journal.
- Website Maintains the AICP website.
Contact us if you are interested in joining an AICP committee.
Back to top